Vegan Buttercream Cake Round Up
Animal agriculture is the number one reason for global warming, deforestation, water shortage and ocean dead-zones.
And there’s a reason you never hear about it.
This is a redraw of an early Milkdrops image.
Show the world your affection for awesome almond milk by purchasing this design on a shirt!
Vegan Tiramisu Round Up
Vegan Alcoholic Girl Scout Cookie Milkshake
Vegan Peppermint Schnapps (I used Hiram Walker) — 1 shot per serving (or more or less depending on how much you’d like to drink)
Vegan Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies — 2 or 3 cookies per serving
Vegan Icecream in Mint, chocolate, or vanilla ( I used Trader Joe’s Vanilla Soy Creamy) — 2 Cups per serving
This is one of the most delicious things I have ever consumed in my entire life.
- you eat them
- you hunt them
- you test on them
- you wear fur
- you go to zoo’s, circuses, or aquariums
- you abuse them in any way, shape, or form
The cheeze and pepperoni was so amazing it tasted like the real thing. This was probably the best thing I’ve eaten since going vegan wow
Tofurky hot pockets are the best things ever created honestly.
Why can’t I have one?
How to make the transition to veganism!
I had wanted to make the transition to veganism for so long but I never knew where to start. I began as a vegetarian for 4 years and then made the switch to veganism! I have compiled a list of things to help YOU make the transition (: Even if you have never considered this I definitely think you should try it out for a few days or a week and just see what you think!
I, like many others, used to think that going vegan would limit me so much to what I could and couldn’t eat! I was wrong- veganism has expanded my food range so much and I have begun to try things that I had never even heard of before! Making this transition has allowed me to try so many new recipes and ways of cooking things! I have some wonderful recipes I cook frequently now and am working on posting them all on my blog (:
Some useful resources that helped me:
- The book Vegan for Life was a HUGE help! It helped me to learn so much more about nutrients and how to make sure I am eating healthy, eating enough, all the while eating vegan ! This is a must read if you are making the transition!
- Vegankit helped me when I started too! It helped me to learn about how to live a vegan lifestyle- including foods, products, clothes, and more!
- Earthlings- I never finished it but it is a documentary about animal cruelty and it is just absolutely heartbreaking! I have been told by many that it makes people want to go vegan!
- From excuse-itarian to vegan! This video discusses a lot of common/important topics that are relevant when making the transition! You should defintiely watch it!
- Pinterest ! I found it my favorite source for finding recipes! They are free and easy and there are a million to choose from! If you check out my pinterest (linked above) I have a bunch of recipes under my vegan board that I have made & loved!
- Vitamin B12- of all supplements this is the one you need! So make sure you are taking it :D
Some other things to keep in mind when making the transition:
- Choose around 10 easy & basic recipes that you can fall back on! Many families stick to the same recipes throughout throughout their weeks and rotate them and if you have 10 to rotate through then you will be set!
- Let people know you are vegan before you visit or come prepared! Many people are willing to work with you and help you to meet your dietary needs but you should let them know in advance so they will be prepared!
- Prepare in advance. Whether you are traveling or just going out to eat it helps to pack snacks along or see where you are going and check if they have vegan options!
- When you go out to eat the best thing to do is ask the waiter what options are available or ask for the specifics of a certain item on the menu!
- Keep food ready in your pantry/fridge! If you have food ready to eat then when you are hungry you won’t be tempted to eat anything that is not vegan!
- Remember your reasons for doing this! Whether you are motivated for your health or to help the animals, keep it in mind so you do not give up!
- Make a vegan friend! There are many vegans on tumblr and sometimes it just helps to be able to talk to someone that you have veganism in common with! You can share ideas, tips, recipes, etc!
- Know your stuff! Don’t be pushy when talking to others about veganism but be able to stand your ground! Never be a rude vegan (because they already have a bad rep) but don’t let non-vegans push you around and insult your beliefs either !
I hope this helps everyone and if you need more info I will do my best to help you! These are just some general tips and I would be happy to provide more info to anyone and if anyone is interested in going vegan (or vegetarian) please let me know! It is such a wonderful lifestyle! :D
Did you know
Pigs aren’t much different from humans?
Not only is the pig’s digestive system very close to that of a human, pigs snuggle close to one another and prefer to sleep nose to nose. They dream, much as humans do. In their natural surroundings, pigs spend hours playing, sunbathing, and exploring. People who run animal sanctuaries for farmed animals often report that pigs, like humans, enjoy listening to music, playing with soccer balls, and getting massages.